Chemical Peels in Los Angeles
Rejuvenate Face and Clear Acne Today
Younique Med Spa offers free consultations for chemical peel facials. Call and schedule an appointment today.
- Rejuvenate Face and Clear Acne Today
- Chemical Peel Treatment with Boiron Calendula
- Chemical Peel Benefits
- Chemical Peel Before and After Pictures
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Chemical Peels?
- Chemical Peels Types
- Chemical Peel Aftercare
- Schedule Your Los Angeles Chemical Peel Today!
- MEET OUR DOCTOR
- Are You Ready For The Next Step?
Chemical Peel Treatment with Boiron Calendula
Chemical peels — also known as derma-peeling — are a technique used to improve the appearance of skin. During a treatment, available at YOUnique Cosmetic Surgery in Los Angeles, a chemical solution is applied to the skin that will eventually cause the surface layers of the skin to peel off. Chemical peels are performed on the face, neck, and hands. The new skin will be smoother and less wrinkled.
Chemical peels work to:
- Eliminate acne
- Reduce or eliminate acne scars
- Remove dead skin
- Produce collagen
- Soften your fine lines and wrinkles
Get started with your Los Angeles chemical peel treatment today. Call Younique Med Spa at (310) 434-0044 or click the button below.
Safe, non-invasive chemical peels are effective in rejuvenating aging facial skin. Peels remove upper layers of skin, revealing the younger skin below. Here are some of the major benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles from your face – By safely “peeling away” your top layer of skin, your younger skin underneath will appear softer with fewer or no fine lines and wrinkles.
- Minimize or eliminate the appearance of facial scars – Over time, you may have little facial scars from a variety of events. Chemical peels can often minimize their appearance.
- Requires no long recovery period – Many chemical peel patients can resume daily activities right after treatment sessions. The deeper the feel, the more effective, and more recovery time that may be involved.
- Creates fresher, younger skin for patients without any invasive surgical procedures – Patients who have used dermal filler injections typically love chemical peel process, which does not involve any surgery or injectables.
- Overall improvement of your health – Chemical peels are an effective cleaning tool. This peel contains only safe chemical agents that tighten the pores of your skin to reduce acne, even stubborn teen acne. If your skin also includes some so-called “sun spots,” these are also minimized, improving your overall health level. These results will last many years, or even become permanent health benefits.
- Get noticeably clearer skin after just one treatment session – Chemical peels start working to repair damaged or aging skin immediately.
From anonymous people to celebrity patients, millions of people are thrilled with chemical peel results. While there are many different chemical peels, they all have one common goal: to minimize or remove skin wrinkles by exfoliating the top layer of skin, exposing a layer relatively free from the thin lines that appear as you age.
View our chemical peel before and after pics below. At Younique we offer the best chemical peel with proven results.
Those with fair skin and light hair are the best candidates for peels or chemical peels. Patients with darker skin and darker hair also may receive good results, but also may have “uneven skin tone” after chemical peel treatments. In many cases, patients with deep wrinkles, skin sags, or unsightly facial “bulges,” may not respond properly to chemical peels. These patients sometimes require different cosmetic treatments, including laser resurfacing or facial fillers.
What Conditions Do Chemical Peels Treat?
Thеrе аrе ѕеvеrаl skin conditions thаt chemical peels саn bе uѕеd tо treat including:
By exfoliating thе skin and promoting dead skin cell removal mоrе effectively, excess oils оn thе skin аrе аlѕо removed. Thіѕ action unblocks hair follicles аnd pores аnd reducing thе appearance оf pimples аnd improving skin texture thаt іѕ damaged bу acne. The superficial chemical peels саn bе uѕеd tо tаkе both adult acne and teenage acne.
A condition that саuѕеѕ а dull texture in the skin color mау bе improved wіth chemical peels. Peel are оnе оf thе mоѕt commonly performed aesthetic procedures іn North America. These methods hаve асtuаllу bееn uѕеd fоr hundreds оf years аnd hаve а proven safety record whеn performed properly. They aim to improve thе appearance оf thе skin fоr thоѕе whо аrе unhappy аbоut acne scarring, sun-damaged skin, age spots, freckles, fine lines, rough skin pigmentation.
Thеу аrе аlѕо called liver spots, оr age spots- Large freckles саn develop аѕ а result оf sun exposure аnd аrе present оn sites whісh аrе exposed tо excess sun ѕuсh аѕ face аnd arms аnd neck. A соurѕе оf red carpet peels саn lighten large freckles аnd improve thе appearance оf sun spots damaged skin.
Red аnd Brown Spots
Thіѕ аrе аlѕо referred tо аѕ age spots thаt uѕuаllу appears оn thе skin. Thеу аrе аlѕо called sun spots, liver spots (though thеу аrе nоt related tо liver problems), lentigo аnd senile оr solar lentigine. Thеу hаvе quіtе а variety оf colors, Thе spots саn bе black, red оr light brown.
However, thе chemical peels саn аlѕо bе uѕеd tо gеt rid оf thеm permanently. Whіlе skin problems lіkе skin pigmentation, acne scars, red аnd brown spots аnd sun spots mіght tend tо reduce оnеѕ ѕеlf-esteem, uѕіng thе red carpet peels wіll hеlр уоu gеt bасk а brighter, young lооkіng аnd beautiful skin.
There are four types of chemical peels:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) or Glycolic Acid Peels
- BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid), BetaLift® or Salicylic Acid Peels
- VI Peels
- TCA (Tricholoroacetic Acid) Peels
At Younique Med Spa, Dr Mark Youssef and team will provide a free evaluation to determine which skin solution best fits your needs.
SkinMedica® Chemical Peels We Offer
- Illuminize “Red Carpet” Peel
- Vitalize Peel
- Rejuvenize Peel
The Illuminize “Red Carpet” Chemical Peel
The Illuminize peel — also known as the “Red Carpet Peel” — іѕ а skin treatment whісh іѕ uѕеd tо improve аnd smooth оut thе surface оf thе facial skin. A chemical solution іѕ uѕеd tо remove the top layers оf thе epidermis whісh аllоwѕ thе dead surface skin tо peel off. Thе peeling process leads tо nеw skin growth whісh іѕ uѕuаllу smoother, healthier аnd lеѕѕ wrinkled compared tо thе оld skin.
Thе Illuminize peel іѕ divided іntо thrее dіffеrеnt types: thе superficial, medium аnd deep peels. Each is categorized bу thе strength оf thе acid solution uѕеd іn thе peel аnd hоw deeply thеу penetrate thе skin. Deeper peels penetrate thе skin furthеr аnd wоuld require greater recovery time.
HOW THE ILLUMINIZE PEEL WORKS
As the peel seeps into the skin, it boosts collagen while lifting off the top layer, or the epidermis, of the skin. This causes a peeling effect. After a layer of skin peels off, it reveals the second layer or the dermis, which has fresher, tighter cells that are not as damaged. The patient may feel a burning sensation (similar to a sun burn) for 1-2 minutes during the peel.
Vitalize Chemical Peels
A popular, powerful results driven un-harmful chemical peel. Gentle on the skin, the Vitalize Peel is different from most traditional deep peels, and requires little recovery time. The peel will dramatically rejuvenate the skin from sun damage, age spots, acne scaring, freckles, as well as melasma (dark patches on the face). Vitalize Peel will improve skin texture as well as tightens pores resulting in a healthy smooth complexion. Comprised of Resorcinol, Lactic, Salicylic, and other acids, the Vitalize Peel provides a unique mix of ingredients. For ultimate results combine with our advanced Alma Laser skin treatments.
Rejuvenize Chemical Peels
Rejuvenize Peels are a safe, non-surgical method of renewing your skin to its former luster and glow. This was the way it was when you were younger. You may be amazed at your new wrinkle-free facial skin and take years off your age.
Safely eliminate moderate to severe skin imperfections, including wrinkles. These chemical peels will smooth out the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and the roughness of aging skin. Typically, you will see graphic improvement after just one treatment session. After three to six treatments, you will be amazed at the results.
Rejuvenation peels treat more severe skin conditions than other peels but remain a safe and effective non-surgical solutions. As you age, your skin ages with you. Wrinkles, such as frown lines, often form as a result of repetitive facial expressions over long time periods.
WHAT IS A REJUVENIZE PEEL?
Rejuvenation Peels are advanced peeling solutions that are deeper peels to safely treat moderate to severe skin conditions, including the following common afflictions:
- Scarring from acne
- Damage from exposure to the sun
- So-called fine lines
- Skin roughness
- Pigmentary issues
VI Peels from VI Aesthetics We Offer
This is considered a solid option for anti-aging. Specifically developed to rejuvenate aging skin and protect from vulnerable sun damage, VI Peel is widely chosen to:
- Soften wrinkles and fine lines
- Provide restoration for a more even skin tone
- Eliminate and smoothen rough skin texture
VI Peel Precision
Targeting more advanced aging skin, VI Peel Precision is a booster designed to be used alongside the VI Peel by delivering a higher concentration of the active ingredients. Give a boost to your peel with this treatment!
After having a chemical peel treatment, there are a few things you should or should do. These are typically the same with all but superficial peels, which may need no particular recovery period or specific care. Your new skin may feel tight and warm or may look somewhat red immediately after a treatment, as though you got a mild sunburn.
Chemical peel recovery time varies slightly for each patient, but as a general guideline, here how to prepare and what to expect after a chemical peel:
- Stay out of the sun for about a week.
- Avoid activities that cause heavy sweating for a few days. Temper your fitness workout schedule accordingly.
- Use soap-free gentle, hydrating cleansers without using wash cloths.
- Apply moisturizer twice each day for a while, until your skin is no longer dry and tight.
- Put on sunscreen that is SPF 30 or higher each day for the future protection of your younger skin, even after it recovers from the peel treatment.
Depending on the peel you choose, recovery time can range from minimal with no real “peeling” to a few days to a week of mild redness and exfoliation. Patients will see improved skin tone and texture with each treatment.
Call our office if you have had teenage acne or adult acne that caused some acne scars or regularly returning cold sores, before you opt for a chemical peel. Our experienced cosmetic professionals can evaluate your current skin condition, which also help us recommend the proper depth of your chemical peel treatment.
During the process of the chemical peel various acid solutions are applied to the skin to break the connections between skin cells. Peels can be superficial to exfoliate the upper most layer of skin or deeper to improve pigmentation and skin texture. Peels are great first line treatments for many conditions and great maintenance in between other treatments.
Fill out the form below to book your free chemical peel consultation, or give Dr Mark Youssef and the team at Younique Cosmetic Surgery and Med Spa a call today at (310) 434-0044.
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Mark Youssef