Breast Implant Types: A Complete Guide
When you decide that breast augmentation is right for you, the next step in the process is choosing your implant material. Our practice offers 4 types of breast implants, all of which offer an attractive, natural result, but there are some subtle differences between them.
The 4 types of breast implants used at Younique Cosmetic Surgery and Med Spa are:
- Saline implants are first placed inside the breast, then filled with a sterile saltwater mixture, saline.
- Saline implants are a great choice for you if having the smallest incision possible is one of your top priorities for the procedure.
- Silicone implants are made from a pliable silicone
- Silicone implants require a slightly larger incision, as they are inserted during surgery pre-filled, but their composition of synthetic polymers makes them unique in that they most closely resemble human fat.
- Gummy Bear (new)
- Gummy Bear implants are made from a cohesive high strength silicone gel
- Natrelle Inspira SoftTouch
- Natrelle Inspira SoftTouch is made from a medium firmness cohesive silicone gel
A consultation with your cosmetic surgeon, an expert source of information and advice, will further guide you to the best choice of material for you. If you’re feeling undecided, an easy way to get a feel for your personal preference between silicone and saline is to see the before and after results of others who have had the procedure.
Breast Implant Shapes, Sizes & Textures Explained
- Round breast implants
- These add volume to both the top and the bottom of the breast
- Teardrop breast implants
- These types of breast implants emphasize the lower part of the breast
- Smooth implants
- Smooth implants allow the implant to move more freely within the breast pocket, which some women feel allows a more natural look
|2. Under The Breast (Inframammary)
|3. Through The Armpits (Transaxillary)
|4. Through The Belly Button (TUBA)
There are 2 different ways to insert the implant:
| 2. Subglandular – (Over Muscle)