QWO Cellulite Pre & Post Treatment
Please find below the pre/post treatment instructions regarding your upcoming appointment with us. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call.
2 WEEKS BEFORE PROCEDURE
- Avoid consuming alcohol and/or smoking 2-days before your treatment and 2-days post-treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior and 3-4 days post-treatment. Medications such as Aspirin and other NSAIDS, Vitamin E, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, and St. John’s Wart should be avoided as they can increase the chance of bruising.
- Days leading up to the procedure, be more aware of areas that bother you. This will assist us in marking you.
5 DAYS BEFORE PROCEDURE (MINIMUM) VERY IMPORTANT
- Must start taking the following: Oral Arnica, Bromelain, Vitamin K
(These can be purchase at any store, or purchased through our office)
- Purchase Spanx or some type of compression pants. You MUST bring these with you to ALL appointments. We will not do treatment on you if you do not have with you.
DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE:
- Avoid shaving, laser hair removal, electrolysis, waxing threading, and use of depilatory creams the day of your procedure
- Do not apply creams or lotions to the area being treated.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Thong underwear is preferred if treating the buttocks.
- Your procedure will last approximately 30 minutes depending on the areas treated.
- You are welcome to bring entertainment: phone, music player, tablet, and/or earphones to listen to during the procedure.
- You may drive to and from our center.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Extreme physical activity and exercise should be avoided within the first 24 hours post-treatment. Elevating your core temperature and increasing your heart rate via exercise will cause more swelling.
RECUPERATION + HEALING:
You may or may not experience the following conditions in and/or around the treatment areas:
- Severe bruising
- Areas of firmness or hardness under the skin
- Swelling (generalized redness) surrounding the treatment area
- Mild bleeding
- Numbness, tingling, or sensitivity changes
- Tenderness and pain
- Most patients will experience severe bruising at and surrounding the treated area. The bruising should resolve 14-30 days post-treatment.
- Shaving your legs for 4-days post-treatment.
- Tanning or prolonged exposure for 2 weeks.
- Showering until 24 hours after your Qwo injections.
- Baths or sitting in stagnant water for 7 days.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
- Excessive bleeding from the treatment site
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Any side effect or unusual symptom of concern
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled every 3-4 weeks.
- Consistent repeated treatments will produce best results.
Dr. Mark and the YOUnique Team
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Mark Youssef