Titan Skin Tightening Pre & Post Treatment
Please find below the pre/post treatment instructions regarding your upcoming appointment with us. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call.
Certain light energies and radiofrequency energy can be used to heat deeper layers of the skin while protecting the surface of the skin. This heating activates fibroblasts signaling new collagen to form and existing collagen to tighten over time.
It is important that you understand that the results may take 3 to 6 months to be appreciated and that they are not expected to achieve the same degree of improvement as surgical procedures.
Improvement with Titan may be seen in three to five treatments. Although in some patients the results from a treatment are seen immediately, in most patients they will appear gradually over 2-6 months.
- No Accutane use for 6 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
Day of Treatment
- Tissue tightening treatments have no downtime and you can return to your normal activities the same day.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment. Clean the skin, including removal of all make-up and other skin care products. Any creams or products left on the skin can interact with the light and increase the risk of unwanted side effects.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment
- These treatments can be tolerated without anesthesia. The use of sedation, nerve blocks, or local injectable anesthetics is not recommended for these treatments as patient feedback is very important, and with proper technique, is not required.
- Notify your provider if you have any facial tattoos.
- Immediately after the treatment(s), there may be some redness or swelling at the area being treated, which usually dissipates within the hour or by the end of the day but rarely persists for a few days. You are able to apply makeup or sunscreen immediately after the procedure and go back to your daily activities.
- The goal of Titan treatments is to sustain deep dermal heating. General post-cooling is not necessary after Titan treatments unless an area is overly erythematous or feels hot to the patient. In this case, ice, chilled gel, or hydro-gel pads may be applied post-treatment as needed for patient comfort. The treatment window can also be used as an effective post-cooling device.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc. a few days post-treatment.
- Notify our office of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Resume skin care regime when redness has resolved
Recommended Skincare and Tx Protocol:
To achieve and maintain optimal results, we recommend
- Skincare Products
- Youth MD Vitamin C | Supports Healthy Collagen Production, Moisturize, Free Radical Damage
- Youth MD Pure Hydration | Improves Elasticity and Firmness, Powerful Hydrator
- Alastin Skin Nectar and Alastin Neck.
- Tinted or Untinted Suncreen SPF 30+
- Treatment intervals of 3 months are commonly used with an average of 2 to 4 treatments to receive optimal results.
- Other Treatments which compliment and help maintain are:
- Series of 3-5 Genesis Laser Treatments (no downtime)
- Series of 3-5 Micropen Treatments (little downtime)
- Sculptra (Helps achieve deep collagen stimulation and lifting)
- HD Radiesse for the neck.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Mark and the YOUnique TeamYounique > Santa Monica Med Spa & Cosmetic Surgery > Tian Laser In Santa Monica >