The most effective treatment for mild urinary incontinence, especially stress urinary incontinence, is the Viveve treatment.
Viveve is a urinary incontinence treatment that is handled using a medical device called “Viveve” that uses radiofrequency energy to treat vaginal rejuvenation (sexual wellness) and urinary incontinence (leaking urine).
Urinary Incontinence in Women
- 50% of Women suffer/experience Urinary Incontinence from normal daily activities.
- Some of these daily activities include
- Running / Exercising
Collegiate Athlete’s Who’ve Never Had Children
- 25% of collegiate athletes who have never had children actually experience Urinary Incontinence.
Who Experiences Sexual Dysfunction
- 40% of Women suffer/experience Sexual Dysfunction.
- This is generally derived from vaginal laxity or any sort of pelvic dysfunction.
How Long is Treatment?
The Viveve treatment is a simple 30-40 min procedure. It is an extremely comfortable procedure for the patient as patients often talk to the provider throughout the treatment.
Do I Need To Prepare Before the Procedure?
The procedure actually requires no anesthesia, no numbing cream, and requires no sedation.
What Can I Expect During the Treatment?
In general, you will feel normal cooling and heating sensations. You can expect not to feel any sharp pains, discomfort or painful sensations. Heating and cooling are really the only sensations felt during the procedure.
How Does it Work?
Viveve uses radiofrequency through a vaginal probe to send energy and heat to the deeper tissues inside the vagina to stimulate new collagen and elasticity to improve the muscle function and vaginal tightness.
Results From The Procedure
After conducting treatment, you may expect improvements in the following areas.
- Improved muscle and tissue tone that prevents the leaking of urine
- Improved sensation and feeling inside the vagina
- Improved sexual dysfunction of the vagina
Good candidates for the Viveve procedure are any patients who experience mild stress urinary incontinence, or sexual dysfunction and are over the age of 18.
If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you’re an excellent candidate for this procedure
- Lower self-confidence or sexual image
- Changes in the strength of your orgasm
- Changes in the ability to reach orgasm
- Urinary Incontinence
- Tampon slipping or not fitting snugly
- Leaking urine when laughing, coughing, sneezing or working out
- Any air passing during exercise from the vagina
- Decreased arousal or physical sensation
If you have any of the above symptoms, you’d be an excellent candidate for the Viveve treatment in Los Angeles.