Dermaplaning Pre & Post Treatment
Please find below the pre/post treatment instructions regarding your upcoming appointment with us. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call.
Younique > Santa Monica Med Spa & Cosmetic Surgery > Dermaplaning Santa Monica >
Medically Reviewed by Mark Youssef, MD 5 stars from 103 reviews
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications please follow these simple steps:
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) 24-48 hours before treatment.
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams in the treatment area.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment. Please call our office for a prescription.
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
What To Expect
- You may experience slight redness and swelling, which should resolve within 24 hours.
- Mineral make-up can be worn immediately following treatment.
Caring For Your Skin
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment.
- Every 4-6 weeks
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Mark and the YOUnique Team
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Mark Youssef