Dermaplaning Pre & Post Treatment
Please find below the pre/post treatment instructions regarding your upcoming appointment with us. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call.
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications please follow these simple steps:
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) 24-48 hours before treatment.
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams in the treatment area.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment. Please call our office for a prescription.
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
What To Expect
- You may experience slight redness and swelling, which should resolve within 24 hours.
- Mineral make-up can be worn immediately following treatment.
Caring For Your Skin
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment.
- Every 4-6 weeks
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Mark and the YOUnique Team
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Mark Youssef