Trusted Tummy Tuck Near Me
Los Angeles is one of the most popular locations for a Tummy Tuck surgery. Before getting the procedure, it is important that you educate yourself on the Doctor’s process, the types of abdominoplasty procedures and the recommended candidates for successful transformation.
We have specifically seen an increase in the number of Tummy Tuck surgeries in recent years as anti-aging practices become more and more prevalent in Los Angele’s competitive culture.
As Featured In
Having performed over 10,000 successful surgical procedures, Dr. Mark Youssef has established his name as one of the leading surgical treatment centers in Los Angeles. Our beautiful practice is located in Los Angeles’s very own Santa Monica, California. Centrally located overlooking the popular Santa Monica Pier, we often receive patients who are both tourists and residents of Los Angeles. Call our office or schedule a consultation!
An Abdominoplasty, or more commonly referred to as a Tummy Tuck is a surgical procedure that removes extra skin or fat around the middle of the body. It also includes a tightening of the muscles in the abdominal wall.
Full Tummy Tuck
- A full Tummy Tuck includes removal of extra skin and fat as well as tightening the abdominal muscles. This Tummy Tuck requires 2 incisions, from hipbone to hipbone and around the belly button. This is an increasingly popular procedure in the city of Los Angeles.
- For patients who need extensive amounts of skin and fat removed, a circumferential abdominoplasty may be needed. This type of tummy tuck involves an incision that goes all the way around the body.
Partial Tummy Tuck (“Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery”)
- A partial Tummy Tuck, or mini tummy tuck is best for people who have a muffin top, but who don’t have extra skin and fat in the lower abdomen. This type of Tummy Tuck requires a single incision. This procedure is best for that stubborn fat that you can’t burn off at the gym. Many celebrities that are local to Los Angeles, like Kanye West, are rumored to have received this procedure.
- Another option is the lipoabdominoplasty, which includes both liposuction and a tummy tuck.
Still Have Questions? Email Us!
What are the most common considerations for tummy tuck surgery in Los Angeles?
- Tummy tuck can be ideal for anyone who isn’t able to get the flat tummy they want from dieting and exercise.
- Many people who have had bariatric surgery opt for a tummy tuck to remove extra skin.
- It’s also a popular procedure for women after having children.
- Some tummy tuck patients are simply unhappy with the way their abdomen looks due to aging, and this procedure allows them to recapture the look they had when younger.
When may I return back to work?
- After a tummy tuck, patients generally need to plan for 2-4 weeks off work, depending on the type of tummy tuck.
Can I walk after the procedure?
- Patients can’t stand up straight immediately because the waist will be bent.
Will there be bruising/swelling?
- The belly may be swollen or bruised, but pain or discomfort typically subsides within a week.
Is it painful? Will, I receive medication?
- Medication generally manages any pain or discomfort very effectively during early recovery.
When can I return to normal exercise?
- Any kind of abdominal strain must be avoided, including heavy exercise, sex, lifting, and housework for 2 weeks after the surgery. However, patients are encouraged to walk as often as possible, as this helps with circulation and can enhance healing.
Learn more about the expert Tummy Tuck Surgeon.